A recent poll of 305 employers by the Association of American Colleges and Universities revealed the following top ten things employers look for in recent college graduates. Four* out of the top ten items are directly impacted in all TH!NK courses. The remaining six items are impacted in various TH!NK courses in different combinations.
- The ability to work well in teams—especially with people different from yourself
- An understanding of science and technology and how these subjects are used in real-world settings
- The ability to write and speak well
- The ability to think clearly about complex problems*
- The ability to analyze a problem to develop workable solutions*
- An understanding of global context in which work is now done
- The ability to be creative and innovative in solving problems*
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills in new settings*
- The ability to understand numbers and statistics
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity
Source: “How Should Colleges Prepare Students to Succeed in Today’s Global Economy?” (Results of a national poll by Peter D. Hart Research Associates, 2007).
Last Updated: Date